Thursday, March 20, 2014

Final Double Page Spread


Above is my third and final DPS version. In my second version I focused on the first, text based page. In this amendment, I added a QR code, gradient background, credits and article accents.

In order to maintain consistency within my house style, I have used: a monochrome image similarly to the contents page, the same gradient from the front cover, the same body font from the contents page and cover, continuation of grid widths from contents page, same page number size/placement, and the end symbol is a square version of the masthead. On this basis, I believe this DPS has a strong continuation of house style.

Bringing in elements from the preliminary College Magazine and primary research, I have included a QR code within the DPS. On the last page of the Issuu document here, I asked my target audience if they would like to see interactive content in the magazine. Whilst the response was lacking, I was keen to involve the readers in as many ways possible, and a QR code is a feature which whilst drawing attention, does not distract the reader from the main content. Using the same process as the College Magazine here, I've used the code to offer 'behind the scenes clips' which will further appear to fans of the artist.

I showed this version to the focus group, and the one amendment which was suggested was to make the text a slightly lighter teal. As I was concerned with maintaining the house style, I wanted to stay true to my colour choices, and have decided to dismiss this comment and uphold the consistency across the design.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise