Sunday, January 05, 2014

Pre-production Planning - Facebook Page

To portray the social media side of my magazine, I created a test Facebook page to demonstrate how various aspects would look to a non-facebook user. I created two dummy posts, one encouraging the readers to vote as part of the Alt Charts, and the other to entice them into discovering the new cover star. I added the masthead as the cover photo and profile picture, and even created a custom domain extension of: https://www.facebook.com/altmagtest for this purpose.

Creating a test page demonstrates the refinement of my ideas, as well as taking my research further and acting upon it. Facebook was voted the most popular social media site in my studies, so the use of this platform is very appropriate.

Should I continue this aspect further, I would utilise various apps available to create a custom home page directed to another tab rather than the wall posts, which would list polls and competitions related to the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise