Saturday, January 04, 2014

Pre-production Planning - Paper Quality

Looking back to my primary analyses of other related music magazines, I used this information to determine the amount of pages of my publication, comparing those in a similar price bracket (£3.50).
  • The Wire - £4.50 - 100 pages including front & back
  • Classic Rock - £3.99 - 140 pages including front & back
  • Clash - £3.99 - 148 pages including front & back

Quality of paper is also a consideration, as glossier, thicker paper is more expensive to produce than thinner, matte paper.

  • The Wire - gloss cover - thin matte gloss pages
  • Classic Rock - high gloss cover - medium thick gloss pages
  • Clash - matte cover - thick matte pages

As a direct result from the audience surveys, my magazine is priced cheaper than these publications at £3.50. Due to this price, I intend for my publication to have 100 pages, a gloss cover and matte pages, keeping the production cost at a minimum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise