Thursday, September 19, 2013

Font Experimentation

The masthead is the key figure in brand identity. Therefore it is of utmost importance that the font is exactly what I want the magazine to appear as. I decided to use either modern, sans-serif fonts or more traditional, characteristic serif fonts.

My college magazine shall be called "Fresh" which represents the fresh design, literal newness of the magazine, the new students as well as being short and memorable.

I decided upon Pacifico for the masthead, which I believe is very aesthetically appealing, and will compliment the original design ideas that I have. I will use Wisdom Script Al for buzz words or main taglines. Avenir (not featured here) will be used for the body text and taglines. The two serif fonts are complimented nicely by the sans-serif Avenir, which will make for an interesting composition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise